-Generally, there will be a spelling test and a reading test every Friday. The spelling test is on all 18 of the words. The reading test is on the week's story and vocabulary words, and various skills that we have worked on.
- Homework is to be done before the student arrives at school. If homework is not completed the student will lose his/her recess. (This is a standing rule for 3rd/4th grade.)
- Math homework is counted as part of their math grade. Students will lose points for not having math homework completed.
- Each week students need to have their reading vocabulary notebooks signed by a parent. This signature is to verify that the student has read that week's story at home and studied the vocabulary words for the test on Friday. The student receives 2 points per week for getting the notebooks signed. (Your child also receives 8 points per week for completing the definitions in class. This is a weekly total of 10 points for vocabulary and story reading.) If the notebook is not signed, veryifying that he/she has read the story and studied the vocabulary words, then the student will lose those 2 points.
- In 3rd grade your child will get letter grades on report cards for Reading, Language, Spelling, and Math. Other subjects will be an O, S, or N.
- If your child is absent, please send an excuse within 3 days of returning to school. Include the date and reason for absence.
-The best time to reach me by phone is around 3:15 p.m. You can also reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is probably the best way to ask me or tell me something. I try to check my emails throughout the day when possible. However, if it is an important message that needs to get to your child that same day, please call the office at 724-547-4100, ext. 3218. (If I am absent, a substitute teacher will not be able to get that information to your child.)
- I do send book orders home each month. If you are ordering from the Scholastic book order, you may order online or send your order into school with cash or checks made out to Scholastic Book Club.